ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The Maguire Foundation will provide "last dollar" scholarship support to students graduating from the listed Philadephia area high schools for four years of matriculation. Maguire Scholars who are selected by their repective institutions must maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher. The student also must be an active participant in his/her school throught extra-curricular activities and/or community service.
The Maguire Scholars Program High Schools
- Academy of Notre Dame
- Agnes Irwin
- AIM Academy
- Archbishop Carroll
- Archbishop Ryan
- Archbishop Wood
- Baldwin School
- Bishop McDevitt
- Bishop Shanahan
- Cardinal O'Hara
- Cristo Rey
- Father Judge
- Germantown Friends School
- Gwynedd Mercy Academy High School
- Hardy Williams High School
- Haverford School
- Holy Ghost Preparatory School
- Lansdale Catholic
- LaSalle College High School
- Little Flower
- Malvern Preparatory School
- Mastery, Lenfest Campus
- Mastery, Pickett Campus
- Mastery, Shoemaker Campus
- Mastery, Thomas Campus
- Mercy Career and Technical
- Merion Mercy Academy
- Mount Saint Joseph Academy
- Pope John Paul II
- Roman Catholic
- Simon Gratz High School
- Springside Chestnut Hill Academy
- St. Joseph's Preparatory School
- St. Hubert
- West Catholic
- William Penn Charter School
- Woodlynde School
To be eligible for the Maguire Scholars College Program students must meet the following criteria:
Graduate from one of the high schools listed above
- Earn at least a 3.0 grade point average or equivalent in high school.
- Complete an online Maguire Scholars Program Application that includes a letter of recommendation from a supervisor of a community service or extracurricular activity.
- Engage in community service and/or extracurricular activities.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at http://fafsa.ed.gov, before February 15, 2018 and include the desired institutions.
- Qualify for admission to selected institution.
- Demonstrate financial need by having an Expected Family Contribution(EFC) of $0 - $15,000
- Contribute at least $5000 per year to tuition, room & board. ($1,000 at a community college).
- Agree to attend an annual Maguire Scholars Program event each spring.
- Agree to participate in regular Maguire Scholar activities in accordance with university requirements.
Students must include the following in their submission:
- A complete application
- A complete personal statement
- A letter of recommendation
- All Application should be submitted online