Federal Grants

Pell Grants

Pell Grants are awarded by the U.S. Department of Education to students determined to have significant financial need. The amount of each individual grant award depends the student’s eligibility and enrollment status. 

Students apply for the Federal Pell Grant by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). For more information about these grants visit the U.S. Department of Education’s Federal Student Aid Gateway.

Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants (SEOG)

Georgetown receives a small allocation of SEOG funds from the U.S. Department of Education each year. These funds are awarded to students with the greatest financial need, most of whom will also be federal Pell Grant recipients.

SEOG funds are used in conjunction with Georgetown University scholarship funds to meet the need for undergraduate scholarship assistance.