► How do I request a refund?

You can request a refund on in MyAccess under the Student Accounts tab. Step-by-step instructions are available from the Office of Billing and Payment Services.

► What do I do if I have a questions about my billing statement or Georgetown's payment plans?

Contact the Office of Billing and Payment Services at (202) 687.7100

► Am I eligible for financial aid if I am an international student (students who are neither US Citizens or eligible Non-Citizen)? 

If you are an international student, you may be eligible to apply for a private educational loan. You may be required by the lender to get a credit worthy co-signer who is a U.S. Citizen or Eligible Non-Citizen.

► Will my eligibility for financial aid change if I change my enrollment status? 

Yes.  If you withdraw from Georgetown or change the number of credit hours in which you are enrolled, your cost of attendance will be recalculated using actual reduced tuition costs and your eligibility could change. Before you make any changes in your enrollment, you should contact your financial aid counselor to discuss how it may affect your eligibility for financial aid.

You must be enrolled in at least a half-time status as determined by the University Registrar to be eligible for financial aid assistance.

► I was awarded a scholarship from a private outside organization. Do I need to inform my financial aid counselor?

Yes.  If you receive an outside grant or scholarship or a third-party payment you must report the type and amount to the OSFS online through your MyAccess account. Under federal regulations and university policy, we must consider these resources and may be required to revise your financial aid award. Your outside scholarships and related payments will be used to reduce or eliminate your student loans.

► Is my scholarship taxable?

The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) may consider some forms of financial aid taxable. Under current federal law, the amount of a student's total scholarships/fellowships that exceed the cost of tuition, fees, books, supplies and equipment is generally considered by the IRS to be taxable income. Information about what to report to the IRS and how to report it can be found on the IRS website and in the IRS tax topic #421.

► How do I apply for Summer financial aid? 

Summer Aid applications are posted on the Graduate Application and Forms section of the website each year in March.

► What office do I contact if I have a question about my health insurance?

If you enroll for at least eight credits, you are automatically billed for health insurance unless you provide proof of other insurance. A Student Health Insurance acceptance/waiver survey must be completed online through MyAccess. Contact the Health Insurance Office at SHI@georgetown.edu or call (202) 687.4883.