Undergraduate SCS Students

All applicants for federal financial aid must complete and submit:

The FSA ID, a username and password, has replaced the Federal Student Aid PIN and must be used to log in to certain U.S. Department of Education websites. Your FSA ID confirms your identity when you access your financial aid information and electronically signs Federal Student Aid documents.

For more information, refer to this link

When completing the FAFSA, use School Code: 001445

Federal Pell Grants

Pell grants are awarded by the U.S. Department of Education to first-degree undergraduate students who are determined to have significant financial need. The amount of each individual grant award depends on program funding and the student's eligibility and enrollment status. To apply to see if you are eligible for a Federal Pell grant, all you need to submit is a copy of the FAFSA.


There are both need-based and non-need based student loans that may help cover some or all of your estimated contribution. It is important to remember to borrow only what you need and to exhaust all federal loan eligibility before exploring private education loans.

  • Subsidized/Unsubsidized
  • Private Education Loans

Dependent students may be eligible for a Federal Direct Parent Plus Loan. Independent students are not eligible for any type of Federal Direct Plus Loan.

Additionally, please see the annual/aggregate loan limit chart for maximum federal loan amounts. 

Summer Coursework

Summer aid applications are available on the website beginning in early March of the academic year.

Outside grants

Students may also want to consider funding that is available from groups with which they are associated, such as professional organizations, fraternal groups, unions, corporations and churches. The following websites offer free scholarship search assistance: 

  • The College Board Scholarship Search's online tool helps you locate scholarships, internships, grants and loans that match your education level, talents and background.
  • CollegeNet Mach25 lets you search their database by keyword, e.g. enter "soccer" to see awards related to that sport.
  • FastWEB (Financial Aid Search Through the WEB) invites students to create a personalized profile that is matched against a database of scholarships. Registrants with the site receive emails matching them with new scholarships reminds them when application deadlines are approaching.
  • Lunch - Money.com helps you find scholarships by offering over a dozen ways to search its database and offers online application forms for select scholarships.

Other sites and scholarships that may be of interest to Liberal Studies students:

  • Financial Aid for Older and Nontraditional Students
  • Zonta Scholarships
  • Clairol Scholarship - Offers scholarships to women 25 or older, must be U.S. citizens. Awards are based on need and range from $200-$1,000.
    For an application write to:
    Clairol Scholarship Program
    c/o Business and Professional Women's Foundation
    Attn: Irma Berks
    22012 Massachusetts Ave NW
    Washington, DC 20036  

Part-Time Employment

Though the majority of degree candidates in the Liberal Studies Program are career-oriented professionals, there is part-time employment available through the Georgetown University Employment Referral Service, which lists over 2,500 part-time, temporary and summer jobs in the Washington, D.C., metropolitan area each year.

A wide range of part-time employment opportunities are available in all sectors of the local market, including professional associations, research institutes, finance, law, governmental affairs, museums and the arts, as well as retail and food service positions. Students can also review temporary listings for information about one-time or short-term jobs such as home or childcare, party help, yard work or brief office assignments.

Tuition Assistance for Georgetown Employees

Full-time Georgetown employees (faculty, staff and academic administrative professionals) may be eligible for tuition benefits for participation in the Liberal Studies Program. Contact Georgetown’s Office of Faculty and Staff Benefits for more information about the Tuition Assistance Program (TAPs)