1. Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as soon after Jan. 1 as possible.
  2. Undergraduate students: Submit the CSS/Financial Aid PROFILE to apply for Georgetown undergraduate scholarship assistance. 
  3. Undergraduate students: Submit copies of your and your parents' federal income tax returns (including any schedules that were filed) and W-2 forms. If you are married, we will collect your and your spouse's returns rather than your parents' returns. If requested by your student financial services counselor, submit Non-Custodial Parent Statement or other requested documentation to support your aid application. 
  4. Review your Student Aid Report (SAR) for accuracy once you receive it. The SAR reports the data that was processed by the U.S. Department of Education from your FAFSA. Make sure your SAR has the data you want the federal government and Georgetown to use to determine your eligibility for financial aid.
    If you need to make changes, submit the corrections to the U.S. Department of Education, following the instructions on the SAR. The corrected information will be forwarded to all the institutions or agencies to which you originally released your FAFSA information. 
  5. Respond promptly to any request for verification of information previously reported. 
  6. Read the information enclosed with your financial aid notice for details about how to receive the funds you have been awarded. 
  7. View and accept, decline or reduce your financial aid awards using MyAccess. 
  8. Notify OSFS if you receive any funding from other sources. 
  9. Complete and submit loan applications if you and/or your parents want to borrow from federal or private loan programs. 
  10. Seek both on-campus and off-campus jobs via Student Employment within OSFS.