we invest in futures
The Georgetown Scholarship Program was founded in 2004. Since then, it has been a vehicle for both financial aid and programmatic support for over 460 students. By receiving a 1789 Scholarship, a student is admitted into the Georgetown Scholarship Program, where they have access to a vast alumni network, career and academic help, mentorship programs, and campus support.
GSP & 1789 Scholarships: Quick Facts
- All funds raised through the 1789 Scholarship Imperative provide financial aid awards to students through the Georgetown Scholarship Program
- The 1789 Scholarship Imperative seeks to raise over $500 million for scholarships by 2014. To learn more and to contribute, click here.
- The average demonstrated need of a GSP recipient is $45,000.
- GSP awards students an annual $3,000 in loan relief as well as an average of $22,000 towards the student’s annual GU scholarship, effectively functioning as university budget relief
- All GSP awards are 100% funded through alumni and supporter donations
For more information about the Georgetown Scholarship Program, please visit our website: gspscholarshipprogram.com.